If you have any photographs suitable

for publication, relating to the history of

Flore please forward to

hfkda@icloud.com

Boys School

Daniel Robinson -1928-1909  Parish Clerk,

rope-maker, poet and village historian at the priest's door circa 1900. 

Cyclists outside the Chequers Inn at corner of Sutton St and The Green   1902

62 and 64 Sutton St  1975

Postcard of Flore High Street

Sutton St - date unknown

Sutton Steet including the original Rose Cottage  1975 

Cottages, now demolished at Workhouse Yerd, Kings Lane

circa 1900.

The smithy of WH Green, at the back of Montague Villa (now 60 High St) before 1919 when the business moved to the present garage site of PG Green.

Blacksmiths at PhillipsWheelwrights 1953

Flore Flower Festival celebration envelope 1983

Spring Lane and Sutton St 1979

 Flore Enclosure Award Map 1779

Floore 1895 - see more of this map on the Village Design Statement

The Old Manor, 35 The Avenue - built as the Tithe House

Unveiling of the War Memorial by Earl Spencer 1923

May Day Celebrations

Ram Bank and Sutton St.  Date unknown

Flower (Flore) date unknown

Flore 1926

Flore 1967

The River Nene floods its banks in 2012.  Flore Mill. 

Contact Us

© Copyright 2017 by Flore Parish Council